Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
We are looking for responsible and dedicated Health & Safety Specialist for one of our clients in Toronto. This is a Permanent position for the right candidate. If you have some experience as a Health & Safety Specialist, are comfortable working in a manufacturing environment and are looking for a LONG-TERM position, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000/year
- Shift: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Competitive benefits package with Employer paid premiums
- RRSP company matching program
- Service Awards and Recognition Program
- Employee Stock Option program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education & Professional development tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Health and Wellness Program
- Work with a great leadership that will support your growth within the company
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labour, OHSA, WSIB/WCB, AODA.
- Lead the activities and responsibilities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, working closely with committee representatives and management.
- Administer the company Health and Safety Management System which includes setting standards, communication, training, evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with H&S Manager on Corporate HSMS to complete assessments, attend roundtable conference and other meetings, travel to other Corporate locations may be required at least twice a year.
- Identify and evaluate potential hazards, providing recommendations to correct the hazard(s), and follow up on implemented recommendations.
- Receive worker concerns, complaints and recommendations relating to health and safety.
- Manage accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, ensure corrective action(s) have been implemented and proper closure is obtained.
- Monitor and oversee any WSIB claims and Early and Safe Return to Work Program for both occupational and non-occupational injuries/illnesses.
- Organize and manage internal training modules and external safety training vendors.
- Source, recommend and implement various Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and manage PPE Vending Machine inventory.
- Manage Contractor Safety, WHMIS, Emergency Preparedness and other H&S programs.
- May participate in safety group, develop & maintain required elements to ensure company obtains its certification
- Conduct Workplace Harassment and Violence investigations for employee relations issues especially and prepare the report and recommendation
- Report on future regulatory changes and requirements related to health and safety.
- Track and report on effectiveness of company safety and environmental programs.
- Must have completed or in the process of completing a Health and Safety, Human Resources or Environmental degree/certificate/diploma through a recognized post-secondary educational institute.
- Provincially recognized Health and Safety Certification focused on a Manufacturing environment is required. Ontario, Level 1 and 2.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a health and safety role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of production related machinery and equipment, processes and systems. Specific experience with metal fabrication an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety related legislation, acts and standards in the province of Ontario.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be detailed-oriented, able to exercise good judgment and have effective decision making ability
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan and organize, prioritize as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convey information accurately and clearly.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and own transportation is required to travel occasionally.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated employee with EXCELLENT attendance looking for a new opportunity in a manufacturing environment in Toronto, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25731
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1