Our client is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer in North America with an excellent reputation and employee retention within the market. At the moment, they are in search for a Health & Safety Coordinator join their team.
Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety Management/Risk Management: regularly review, update and maintain the Health & Safety manual and policies and procedures; conduct accident investigations and near misses, diagnose root causes and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures in conjunction with the Operations team; proactively identify workplace hazards, assess the associated risks to prevent injury or property damage and provide recommendations to management; active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Compliance: Revise and administer health & safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Claims Management/Return to Work Programs: lead the claims management and return to work program for all employees acting as the lead resource between employee, HR and the various service providers for the leave while maintaining the utmost confidentiality.
- Administration: complete all incidents and all month-end health & safety reporting in MillCAT and produce internal monthly health and safety report. Participate in Corporate audits as required and liaison with Domtar Health and Safety as required.
- Recruitment: For all entry level positions – review and update position profiles, create job postings, conduct candidate assessments and schedule interviews.
- Training: Ensure compliance with all regulatory training, Domtar compliance training, company health and safety programs, and procedures through the facilitation and execution of essential training programs. Proactively monitor completion status for all employees, identify training opportunities and maintain training records.
- General: Contribute to the design, layout and execution of the HR intranet site. Provide back-up to the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator role in their absence to include the processing of the hourly payroll, coordination with the DESC for the salaried payroll and month-end activities when required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a post-secondary educational institution;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience within the health & safety field.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial laws and regulations governing workplace H&S.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with direct involvement in safety programs.
- The ability to take the initiative with strong decision-making skills ~ be an active participant in a “hands-on” work environment.
- Required strong interpersonal, organizational, time management (ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously) and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is required.
Send your resume to Arianne at [email protected]!