We are searching for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager who will report to the HSE Director. The HSE Manager implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, provincial and federal Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations. The HSE Manager will be involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes EHS recommendations accordingly. The HSE Manager will ensure compliance with all EHS regulations, and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Will be responsible for Interfaces with all federal, provincial, and local regulatory bodies. Supports HSE Director and assumes responsibility for certain aspects of that role during any absences.
This position is a work from office role, requiring the candidate to work in Oakville and Brantford.
The HSE Manager will ensure compliance with all Environment, Health & Safety regulations and corporate policies and procedures and will implement Environmental, Health and Safety document management programs. The HSE Manager will be interfacing with all federal, provincial, and local regulatory bodies, introducing change and strives for Environment, Health & Safety best practices, and act as a subject matter expert for our Joint Health and Safety Committees across the country to achieve legislative compliance.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Growing team
- Acts as internal EHS consultant providing leadership, guidance and advice on a wide range of EHS topics.
- Maintains presence in Brantford operations to ensure open communication with all employees.
- Implement and monitor Environmental, Health and Safety orientation and training programs.
- Plays a leadership role to develop and maintain a safe work environment and culture.
- Respond to inquiries and address concerns of employees and managers relating to health and safety.
- Oversee response to customer requests relating to health and safety
- Provide guidance and support to managers across the organization (Accident, Incident investigation, Reporting)
- Implement monthly workplace inspection standards, reporting and auditing
- Implement standards in documentation controls, time sensitive report and process efficiencies
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports
- Analyze workplace accident/incident history and make recommendations to branch and executive management to reduce and eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- Oversee WCB claims management
- Provides leadership in EHS functional areas and acts/utilizes equipment in a manner that ensures a safe and incident-free work environment.
- Manage the activities of the H&S Coordinator located in Brantford
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Expectations:
- 5+ years of Health and Safety experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, listening skills
- Team oriented with the ability to introduce and influence change with employees and management
- Ability to work with detail, analyze information to solve problems
- Organized and able to prioritize with a sense of urgency when required
- Adaptable and dependable
- Project management skills an asset
- Able to work varying shifts on occasion when required for the purpose of EHS
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28407
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1