Our client is a leader in the Construction space looking for a Health and Safety Manager to hit the ground running
· Provide safety leadership to management and employees to ensure business strategies and current health and safety plans comply with industry standards and legislation.
·Lead the safety team to strategically identify and implement Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives including setting standards, communication, training, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
·Build, evaluate and maintain safety programs and manuals on an on-going basis.
·Evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards to develop strategies to control risks in the workplace.
·Provide hands-on safety support and guidance to operations with respect to Office, Plant and Site Inspections, JHSC Meetings, development of SWPs and JHAs, coordination and conducting of safety training and new hire safety orientations
·Facilitate investigations and provide timely reports of incidents/accidents (personal injury, property damage, near misses, etc.)
·Oversee WSIB case management; assist with RTW for injured workers
·Conduct various audits – Internal, CSA, IHSA, etc.
·Conduct various industrial hygiene testing, monitoring and annual equipment certifications. Build and maintain strong relations with Provincial Associations and Government Agencies as related to Environment, Health & Safety.
·Provide support to affiliated companies as required.
· Self-Starter with the ability to work towards success with minimal supervision.
· 5 -10 years of relevant safety experience ideally within the Construction and/or Manufacturing Industry.
· Post-secondary degree coupled with a Professional Safety designation (CRSP, NCSO, CSS, CSO, COR Auditor) considered an asset.
· Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Effective team leadership skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge of legislated requirements in applicable jurisdictions.
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills coupled with proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
· Some travel is required for this position.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25503
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1