Our client is a leader in the Construction space looking for a Health and Safety Manager, someone who can work with teams and alone, and is very tech savvy with a can do attitude.
· Complete ISO Audits and COR audits to ensure compliance
· Support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing regular site visits.
· Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs
· Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
· Inform the management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters.
· Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage and all necessary training.
· Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors and foremen.
· Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
· Participate and assist the supervisors, foremen in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions where necessary.
· Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
· Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
· Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors and Foreman.
· Ensure new hires are orientated and all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
· Ensure that the following material is available and on site for the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation form, tailboards and log books, fall protection plans etc.
· Prepare for, and participate in audits such as ISO,COR and or Owner audits.
· Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
· Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
· Other duties as required.
· Occupational Health and safety Degree, Diploma or certificate, CRSP would be an asset.
· Minimum 5 Year Health and Safety field experience in construction
· Proficient in Microsoft office applications
· The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
· Experience with ISO, ISO Auditing and COR would be an asset.