Our client is looking for an experienced manager with business acumen and manufacturing expertise to join their team as a General Manager (Divisional President). This position will work closely with the President to primarily be responsible for the strategic planning of key accounts, mentoring, coaching, supporting, and analyzing data to make strategic decisions to help grow and support the business. As the General Manager, you will instill business discipline and promote being a resource to support strategic partnerships, operational decision-making, and performance management for the entire company.
- Communication: Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Change Management: Process, tools and techniques to anticipate and manage business change to achieve the required business outcome.
- Decision Making: Relies on a mixture of wisdom, data-driven analysis, experience, judgment, and collaborative thinking using appropriate decision-making criteria.
- Leadership: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action; creates milestones to rally and inspire support to the vision; develops and enables talent through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments.
- Planning and Organizing: Planning, organizing and prioritizing work to align with organizational goals; sets objectives and activities with relevant milestones and schedules; anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans; creates implementation plans that allocate resources effectively and anticipate/address obstacles.
- Resource and Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions; planning, directing and controlling resources to ensure profitable execution and achievement of goals.
- Results Driven: Consistently achieves results through others, even under tough circumstances, persisting in the face of challenges and setbacks, and putting in extra effort to meet deadlines.
- Cultivates Innovation: Create a culture that pushes past the status quo, encourages unique ideas and new ways of looking at problems, facilitating problem-solving, and recognizing creative solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Engages in Strategic Planning, formulates a clear Strategy and tactical plans to accelerate the organization towards breakthrough results
- Health & Safety: Foster a safe and healthy work environment utilizing data-driven improvement mechanisms to build a culture where Safety is at the root of all tasks.
- Technology Advancement: Anticipating and adopting innovations in digital and technology applications (e.g. ioT, ERP, SCADA) to create exponential improvements in work methods.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Utilizing Continuous Improvement, root cause analysis and data management to drive process improvements.
Develops Employee Engagement: Creates a culture where people are motivated to do their best work in helping the organization achieve its objectives; empowering others, inviting input and sharing ownership; and recognizing and valuing people’s efforts; thereby creating a positive and motivating work environment
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build and develop an effective management team capable of executing the company’s identified strategies while having an achievable goal.
- Recruit, select, coach, and performance manage team to increase management’s effectiveness
- Oversee all operations of manufacturing unit.
- Implement and drive lean manufacturing concepts throughout the manufacturing process with the ability to train, coach and learn from the construction, manufacturing and office environment.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas requiring improvement
- Understand, implement, and enforce the company’s safety and environmental programs at all times
- Oversee activities directly related to the manufacturing and supply of products, as well as the sales, research and development and overall performance of the products.
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or at other official functions
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping all protected and proprietary information confidential
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a Management role in a manufacturing
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving, coaching, technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in quality and process improvements in a manufacturing
- Strong analytical ability and detail orientation.
- Experience in providing leadership to situations involving personnel issues and health/safety compliance.
- Ability to influence others and effectively work in a team.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29415
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1