Our client based in Brantford has an opportunity for an experienced General Labour to join their expanding team.
Position will be responsible for operating multi-function process control and single-function machines to process and package food products. Production line work, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to food processing and are responsible for production, quality, and food safety on the production line.
What our client offers
- Excellent Base Salary $18.00
- Competitive compensation package
·Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, DPSP program.
·Opportunities for growth and development
·Day and Afternoon shifts weekly rotating.
·7am – 3pm/ 3pm – 11pm
·Afternoon shift allowance $.75
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all job-related operations comply with Health & Safety, BRC, GMP, HACCP, WHMIS, and
- highest food safety standards
- Follows direction from Production Supervisor and HACCP Team Leader as required to implement
- any updates to our Food Safety Program
- Follows BRC, GMP procedures for the plant to meet company and regulatory standards
- Assist Line Leader with plant start-up/shut down and inform of any production issues
- Inspect product continuously to ensure conformity with quality and food safety standards
- Inspect product quality and packaging “in process” for quality defects
- Follows all prerequisite programs to ensure all food safety regulations are being met
- Fills in records as per company and regulatory standards
- Clear machine blockages and reset machine as instructed
- Ensures all production equipment are cleaned prior to start up
- Clean and sanitize machines, work areas and equipment
- Attends all Food Safety training meetings as required
- Assist with break relief
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Monitor for quality issues
- Ensure bag date/lot code is correct and legible
- Gently load bags into boxes
- Stage empty boxes on table
- Operate single-function machines to box, or can otherwise package food products
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other
Raw Dough & Cooked Area Duties
- Monitor dough for quality issues and adjust dough “streams” when needed
- Assist to load yeast belt and empty reject belt bin as required
- Assist with loading of palm oil and raw materials when needed as instructed
- Monitor the line for quality issues/oven temperature and communicate with Line Leader to resolve
- Inspect and build pallets ensuring the edges are aligned and operate the pallet wrapper
- Ensure box date/lot code is correct and legible
- Stage finished pallets and label with correct pallet number
- Safely operate pump cart
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant manually, or
- with powered equipment
- Perform tape roll change
- Accurately input and monitor Packaging Module information
- Assist filling boxes by staging empty boxes on table if there is time available
- At a minimum 3 times per hour sweep around cooked inspection area or more where necessary
- exposed to/work near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly exposed to noisy environments
- Regularly exposed to variable temperatures
- May be exposed to wet or humid conditions
- May be exposed to dusty environments
- May be exposed to chemicals used in the manufacturing process
- The employee must be able to climb ladders and access/work on work platforms
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
- 50 pounds
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now
We are looking forward to hearing from you
To apply contact, us immediately! Call Julia, our number 905-361-3987 EXT 120 or email us [email protected] or find us at www.fuzehr.com to see all our open positions.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32216
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1