Our Client, an established Supplier of restaurant equipment and supplies within the Ontario marketplace has an urgent need for a ‘G’ Delivery Driver able to drive a ‘5 – Tonne’ size truck with automatic transmission for their busy Fall peak season.
The ideal Candidate, has basic customer service skills and a minimum of 1 year commercial driving experience including downtown Toronto knowledge and comfort level.
SHIFT: 6:30 AM to Finish (4:00 to 6:00 PM) Monday to Friday Pay Rate: $ 19.00/hr +4% vacation pay
Skills & Responsibilities:
- 1 year commercial delivery experience driving in downtown Toronto and extended GTA
- CLEAR Driver’s Abstract & current/valid Driver’s License
- Assist loading/unloading truck – Physically Fit – able to lift up to 50+ lbs
- Experience moving heavy appliances or furniture an asset
- Delivery to Hospitality Industry, Small & Medium size Restaurants, Hospitals, large Institutions, etc
- ** Driver’s Helper on board** 60% Driving & 40% Physical lifting, offloading with pump truck
- 5 to 10 deliveries per day – locations are grouped together in ‘clusters’
- STRAP & PAD all equipment loads inside the vehicle – large-sized Commercial appliances
- Full training – riding along with existing Driver until ready to take over your own vehicle
- EQUIPMENT: 5-Tonne Truck – automatic transmission (HAND AIR BRAKE FOR PARKING)
- Clear communication skills to represent company when delivering to all sizes of hospitality venues– oral & written follows instructions
- Motivated to complete a variety of tasks with accuracy, efficiency and high sense-of-urgency
- PPE: CSA app’d – safety boots required –
This is a contract position beginning on a ‘Temp-to-Hire’ basis.
To apply please send your resume in WORD format.
Cheryl Revibes - Recruitment Specialist
Office: 905-361-3987 Ext 107