Our Client, an established Supplier of restaurant equipment and supplies within the Ontario marketplace has an urgent need for a ‘G’ Delivery Driver to join their Distribution Team for the busy Fall peak season.
The ideal Candidate, enjoys dealing with people at all levels of an organization and pays attention to detail with a sense of urgency to meet sensitive installation deadlines at various size hospitality establishments.
SHIFT: 6:30 AM to Finish (4:00 to 6:00 PM) Monday to Friday Pay Rate: $ 18.00/hr +4% vacation pay
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Minimum 6 months of commercial delivery experience within GTA & Southern Ont
- CLEAR Driver’s Abstract & current/valid Driver’s License
- Able to drive and some geographic GTA knowledge of : Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, Downtown Toronto
- Assist loading/unloading truck – Physically Fit – able to lift up to 50+ lbs
- Delivery to Hospitality Industry, Small & Medium size Restaurants, Hospitals, large Institutions, etc
- ** Driver’s Helper on board** 75% Driving & 25% Physical lifting, offloading with pump truck
- 10 to 15 deliveries per day – locations are grouped together in ‘clusters’
- STRAP & PAD all equipment loads inside the vehicle – large sized Commercial appliances
- Full training – riding along with existing Driver until ready to take over your own vehicle
- EQUIPMENT: 5-Tonne Truck & Cargo Van – automatic transmission (HAND AIR BRAKE FOR PARKING)
- Clear communication skills to represent company when delivering to all sizes of hospitality venues– oral & written follows instructions
- Motivated to complete a variety of tasks with accuracy, efficiency and high sense-of-urgency
- PPE: CSA app’d – safety boots required –
This is a contract position beginning on a ‘Temp-to-Hire’ basis.
To apply please send your resume in WORD format.
Cheryl Revibes - Sr. Recruitment Specialist:
OFFICE : 905-361-3987 Ext 107