Our client, a leader in industrial real estate, is currently seeking a Fire Safety Director to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– The Director of the Fire Safety Department will be responsible for three main areas with a full staff under himher that will assist in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position:
– Fire Safety
– Camera systems
– Alarm & intrusion systems
– Ensure enforcement of municipal fire prevention by-laws, the Quebec Fire and Building Codes, the National Fire Codes in the USA and Canada (where applicable) and other applicable codes and standards by assigning staff to carry out these duties
– Co-ordinate the inspections of premises by enforcing municipal fire prevention by-laws, the Quebec Fire and Building Codes, the National Fire Codes in the USA & Canada (where applicable) and other applicable codes, standards and statutes, and the examination of building plans for compliance with applicable codes and standards
– Maintains a team that tests equipment, such as generators, compressors, fire extinguishers and other fire protections devices to ensure conformance to fire and safety standards
– Works with different fire safety representatives in regards to fire inspections and corrective measures needed to conform to the inspection results
– Take corrective action as needed to conform to the fire inspection reports.
– Acts to enforce site fire protections standards
– Responsible for providing timely response to enquiries from the different Fire departments
– Prepares reports, such as inspections performed, standards violations, and recommendations for eliminating fire hazards.
– Responsible for implementing buildings Fire Safety Plan & Fire Prevention Plan
– Supervise testing and inspection of all fire extinguishers, hoses, hydrants and other fire safety equipment
– Coordinate testing of fire alarm systems and keep logs of all such testing
– Conduct fire alarm drills and maintain a written log of critiques
– Prepare reports as required for dealing with fire protection issues.
– Prepares an annual Fire Safety Department operational budget for the Chief Technology Officer and manage usage of the designated budget
– Maintain a records system and file all required reports with appropriate agencies
– Develop and administer business and information systems related to Fire Prevention programs and activities
– Install & maintain network of camera systems
– Install & maintain alarm & intrusion detection
– Post-secondary graduation from Building Construction, Engineering, Fire Protection Technology or a similar program with a minimum 5 years progressive experience in Fire Prevention or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Experience with fire safety systems design, purchasing, installation and maintenance
– Proven supervisory skills and ability to direct, evaluate and effectively manage staff.
– Strong written and interpersonal skills required both in French & in English, including the ability to establish effective working relationships and provide quality customer service.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license recognized by the Province of Quebec.
– Knowledge of or ability to learn fire inspection and safety operations, and procedures for multiple regions
– Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
– Ability to manage a team of diverse office & road crew performing different tasks with different priorities.
– Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organizations
– Ability to write and maintain routine correspondence, including emergency procedures, logs and reports
– Good organizations skills including documentation of all fire safety systems
– Ability to travel to different properties throughout Quebec & the USA
For more information contact email@example.com