Our client is a global Engineering firm that has been in business for over 100 years and more than 8000 employees around the world. They are leaders in the mining, oil and gas markets and continuously engineering world class products.
They are currently recruiting for a Finance Director that will be responsible for day to day operations of the finance activities and to ensure that all financial matters are in line with corporate policies.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all financial matters and for providing financial information and reports required by management.
- Provide management with accurate and timely information necessary to make strategic investment and operating decisions.
- Responsible for developing models and forecasts relating to the business and for evaluating overall financial conditions against the market.
- Play a leading role in the development of yearly operating plans and budgets including profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cash management, standard/variable manufacturing costs matrixes and capital investments with necessary controls and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Periodically analyses product/service pricing/costs to determine profitability by product/service and by customer.
- Responsible for the correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures to ensure that all costs and records are accurate.
- Assists in the development of the long range strategic plan in line with Group’s and Divisional expectations
- Confer with peers and direct reports to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives which contribute to improved cost, quality and productivity.
- Take a leadership role in the recruitment of staff and training programs, conduct performance evaluations and recommends salaries of assigned staff where applicable.
- Makes technically authoritative recommendations in interpreting and communicating the financial implications of operations.
- Makes decisions regarding the planning and coordination of work of department staff where applicable.
- Maintains positive relations and assists key leaders within the Minerals global organization with finance related issues, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure executives are apprised of all financial matters that may materially affect the Canadian operations and assist in all tax, audit and consolidated reporting matters as they may pertain to the operations.
- Support treasury / hedging requirements through monthly forecasting of foreign currency exposure.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activity
- A CA, CGA, CMA or CPA designation
- Required to have knowledge of human resources, financial and other administrative principles and practices.
- Strategic focus, with a strong ability to formulate strategy
- Manage a team of 10