Our client is a reputable, stable organization within the transportation industry. They are currently looking to fill a Finance Administrative Assistant position. The Finance Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing numerous administrative and clerical responsibilities within the Finance Department for the Chief Financial Officer. This role demands a high degree of professional maturity with superior organization skills, sound judgment, the ability to multi-task and be proactive. Attention to details, ability to meet deadlines, discretion in handling confidential information, ability to prioritize and to adapt to changing demands are essential to this position.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth operation of all administrative functions as outlined by the Chief Financial Officer and members of the Finance Department.
- Perform basic accounting responsibilities.
- General daily support for the Finance department team.
- Provide vacation coverage for the Assistant to the President and provide administrative assistance as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain various office administration (including time sheets, vacation rosters and training records), calendar organization, report/presentation drafting and proofing, attend meetings and taking notes, facilitating intra- and interdepartmental communication, maintain and order department office supplies.
- Schedule meetings, teleconferences, video conferences, appointments, travel arrangements, accommodation and reservations.
- Act as Coordinator for all Board-related meetings and activities.
- Coordinate and Assist with Board and Committee Meeting Preparation.
- Liaise with all shareholders (information, requirements, meetings, etc.).
- Provide reception and service to internal and external clients as required.
- Contribute to team activities and goals, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Duties as requested by other members of the Executive Team and Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a degree in business administration (finance and accounting), or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in an accounting or finance environment or in a corporate environment with Senior Executives with some working knowledge of basic accounting functions.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent typing, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe PDF and various office equipment.
- Ability to use initiative and good judgment in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Possess positive enthusiastic attitude, good work ethic and be a team player
- Flexibility in schedule – occasional extended hours.
Qualified candidates please contract Kritika today at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 120 for immediate consideration.