We are looking for a Field Service Technician in the Edmonton, Alberta area to provide support for a global company in the industrial machinery sector.
Your mission will be to provide a high level of technical support to our dealers/clients and internal staff, providing high quality maintenance, repair and overhaul of portable air compressors, de-watering pumps and generators at customer sites.
What we offer for the Field Service Technician position:
- Monday to Friday shifts from 8am to 5pm, but with additional on call hours for emergencies. Must be open to working more than 40 hours per week! (Emergency calls, nights and weekends)
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Salary between $32 and $45 per hour, depending on experience
- Full group insurance plan after 1 month
- Group RRSP matching
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Service truck provided with gas card
- This position is 90% on the road!
Roles and Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician Position
- Provide timely technical support to our customers and internal customer service group in person or via phone, email, etc. and communicate with plant engineering as well as local suppliers to resolve quality issues.
- Provide on-site troubleshooting and diagnostics on faulty equipment, determine possible causes and make repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, and repairs on portable air compressors, dryer pumps, and generators in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and by traveling to customer locations.
- Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, test and document the proper operating parameters of the equipment.
- Provide basic tools for the job as well as normal maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Develop relationships with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Train and assist other technical support staff and service technicians.
- Promote and enforce proper safety procedures; properly use personal protective equipment at all times.
What we are looking for in the position of Field Service Technician
- Diploma in a Mechanical/Electrical Field
- Must participate in a rotating on – call schedule and be able to work overtime on short notice
- At least 2-3 years’ technical experience maintaining and repairing various types of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Skilled in preventive and corrective maintenance (Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical)
- Your task will be around 50% electrical and 50% mechanical
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment Medical to be completed
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28164
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1