Fuze HR Solutions is currently looking for an Overhead Crane Service Technician to work all over the lower mainland (North Vancouver to Abbotsford).
TASKS OF THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes and hoists at varied customer sites within the Lower Mainland.
You will be reporting to the Service Manager. This is a full-time position, and you will be given a company truck.
PERKS OF THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
- $38-$45 per hour.
- Great Benefits.
- RRSP plan.
- Annual Bonus.
- 2 Weeks’ Vacation.
- Casual Professional work environment.
- Overtime Pay.
- High growth company.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
- Comply with all corporate Safety Policies and guidelines/procedures, including Branch Monthly meetings and those established by the customer.
- Advise the Supervisor or Manager of any unsafe practice performed or witnessed.
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed.
- Be available “on call” as part of service office rotation and provide after-hours service, as required.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment.
- Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations during the SAFETY REVIEW to the customer including a written “Safety Notification” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate.
- Determine the customer’s intentions to purchase repairs and notate accordingly of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety-related issues and discuss during the visit.
- Customer visits- recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their equipment prior to leaving job site.
- Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature and acceptance.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry.
- Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete Work Packages and other required documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and assigned Coordinator, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order.
- Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
- Must have experience with overhead crane maintenance.
- Red Seal Millwright or Electrician certification is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer interaction skills.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record including a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing, fit and able to work at heights/climb.
- Must be able and willing to work varying overtime hours.
- Must be available for on-call as part of the service office rotation.
- Must be able to travel and work out of town as required.
Send your CV right away to [email protected] or reach us directly by phone on 250-919-1310
This opportunity isn’t what you are searching for?
Do not hesitate to contact us, we have a large diversity of available positions, one of them must be the perfect fit for you!
We look forward to meeting you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30537
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1