Heavy Equipment Mechanic
This position is ideally suited to an individual who can maintain a positive attitude in all situations, with good overall computer skills, strong organization abilities with good attention to details, and is energetic and capable of dealing directly with various customers. A strong mechanical background would be considered an asset; with the successful candidate possessing the mechanical knowledge of construction equipment and associated parts.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using testing equipment
- Repair and service all construction equipment within the established time standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent customer relations
- Undertake assignments as required in support of client needs
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of all Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills and knowledge of computer systems
- Effective leadership and coaching capabilities
- Successful team building skills with a strong customer service focus
- Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver internal and external customer service excellence continuously
- Familiarity with construction equipment would be an asset
Group Benefits Program:
Group Benefits are important, not only for the financial assistance they provide, but also for the security they provide for our employees and their families, especially in the case of unforeseen circumstances. Our client has specifically designed a Group Benefit Plan where full time and part time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Extended Health Care
- Dental – Basic and Major Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Prescription Drugs – get up to 100% drug coverage (through preferred pharmacy arrangements)
- Global Medical Assistance
- Disability Coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – A mandatory program for all full time employees and together with government pension benefits provides a good foundation for their personal financial security during retirement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Access – eligible employees who contribute to this plan receive a 33% Company match to a maximum. For flexibility, this can be done under your RRSP, TFSA, or non-registered savings account.
- Voluntary Group RRSP and Non Registered Savings Plans allow our employees to invest their money through payroll deductions or lump sum contributions and have access to Financial and Investment Advice.
Great Opportunity , Apply now!
Qualified candidates please email resume to Tanya at [email protected] for immediate consideration.