Our client is a leading global automotive supplier with 335 manufacturing operations and 96 product development, engineering and sales centres in 28 countries. They have over 168,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to their customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing. They currently have an Ergonomics Coordinator opportunity available at their Mississauga Facility. The Ergonomics Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the facility’s ergonomic management systems, to ensure equipment and work methods are designed to minimize and/or eliminate ergonomic risk hazards, while maintaining, and improving quality and productivity. The Ergonomics Coordinator leads the Ergonomics Committee, and production departments on all ergonomic activities and initiatives. The Ergonomics Coordinator works closely with the Health and Safety Coordinator to reintegrate injured personnel to the workplace.
- Receive, follow up, and direct or respond to employee ergonomic queries in a timely and professional manner;
- Analyzes ergonomic accident statistics/type/frequency/severity and makes recommendations as required.
- Support the Engineering teams through proactive design analysis and Ergonomics recommendations of new and current processes;
- Promote ergonomics during design, implementation and operational stages of all work processes;
- Initiates corrective actions based on statistical data and cost-justifies any recommended changes;
- Collaborate with various departments or other resources to implement effective corrective actions to eliminate ergonomic hazards;
- Train internal and external groups on ergonomic design standards;
- Support departments on ergonomic activities and initiatives;
- Coordinate and maintain the Physical Demands/Job Safety Analysis program;
- Support the Health & Safety Coordinator, HR Generalist to provide Claims Management Administration and to assist in facilitation of the Return-To-Work Process for both occupational and non-occupational injuries.
- Acts as an active supporting resource to the Joint Health, Safety, and Ergonomics and Committee.
- Provides and/or coordinates the appropriate ergonomics training to necessary members of Leadership, the production staff and members of the JHSEEC;
- Ensure compliance with our client’s Ergonomics Metrics Program;
- Maintain business files and records in accordance with legislative and company standards.
- Effectively builds and fosters teamwork within the department
- Approaches each day and each challenge with a positive attitude.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner when receiving or giving feedback/information, whether it is positive or constructive.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Certified Canadian Professional Ergonomist (Canadian College for the Certification of Canadian Ergonomists – CCCPE) – certification in good standing is mandatory.
- Bachelor of Science Degree through a recognized university (with major in Kinesiology, Ergonomics, Human Kinetics, or Occupational Biomechanics);
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience as Certified Canadian Professional Ergonomist. Preferences will be given to candidates with 3+ years’ experience in JIT manufacturing and/or automotive environment;
- Expertise level of Ergonomic principles, anthropometry, physiology, biomechanics, anatomy and human factors and various ergonomic assessment tools (e.g. Snook Tables, RULA, biomechanical modeling software, NIOSH Equation, etc.), recognized ergonomic guidelines, standards and best practices, as well as WSIB legislation/policies/procedures;
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, good judgment and strict confidentiality;
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills;
- Must possess human relations, leadership skills and maturity of judgement;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, window and web-based applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word. JACK, BacPak Software, Parklane).
- Familiarity with Force Gauge, ergonomic measurement tools.
Qualified candidates please contact Sarika at (905) 361-3987 ext. 115 or email resume to Sarika@fuzehr.com for immediate consideration.