We are searching for an Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer for our client with offices in Toronto and the USA.
This person will be responsible for maintenance and support of core enterprise systems and infrastructure and design of new solutions and services.
Depending on your skill set, you will be responsible for some of the following areas:
AWS Cloud Infrastructure, SAN, Linux Infrastructure, Information Security, Websites and eCommerce sites, ADFS, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, Network Infrastructure.
Support of internal users and addressing helpdesk cases as required is an integral part of this role.
The IT Engineer will participate in the design and deployment of robust, flexible and scalable systems.
As required from time to time, the role will involve support of our external customers – both on-site and remotely.
- You are a hands-on technology enthusiast.
- You have technical knowledge and experience across multiple disciplines.
- You have the analytical skill to translate business requirements and processes into advanced technology solutions.
- You are flexible, organized, detail oriented and can meet strict deadlines on complex projects.
- You are passionate about continually improving your knowledge and technical skills.
- You possess excellent communication and analytical skills.
- You thrive in a very demanding and fast paced environment.
- You can function with minimum supervision, both individually and as part of a team.
- You can work under pressure and time constraints.
- You have a positive customer (internal and external) facing attitude. Everyone on the IT team partakes in helpdesk activities when required.
- You are willing to interface with and consult external customers when required.
Technical Skills Desired
- Linux Administration: REL or Oracle Linux.
- Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure.
- SQL Server. Oracle RAC and MySQL experience desirable.
- Functional knowledge of SQL.
- Linux Administration.
- Websites: WordPress and Magento v2.
- VMware vSphere, vCenter.
- Networking Concepts and Troubleshooting. Cisco Catalyst Switches. ASA Firewalls.
- DNS. BIND.
- IPv4 and IPv6.
- Apache HTTP Server. Nginx. Reverse Proxies.
- HTML and PHP.
- SAN. EMC experience desirable.
- Mail filtering technologies. Malware prevention.