Are you looking for an employer that really values their employees? Do you enjoy mentoring drivers? If so, we are searching for a Driver Trainer to join our team.
Responsible for all required training and orientation of new and current drivers for both the Montreal and Quebec terminal.
• Road testing of prospective drivers and current drivers for refresher training and evaluation. Provide input to supervisor i.e., hiring.
• Orientations of new drivers.
• On-going training of current drivers.
• Responsible to check drivers licenses semi-annually or within expiration of a license via SAAQ drivers abstract.
• Conduct safety meetings in both French and English as required.
• Driver training: plan and research selected topics according to driver meeting schedule set out by supervisor. Ensure attendance is recorded.
• Assist in interviewing and screening prospective drivers and brokers with Supervisor or the Human Resources department.
• Assist in log auditing, maintenance driver files and update Truckright.
• Ensure supply of new driver material is adequate. Assemble when required.
• Maintain and update driver manuals. (Revision updates).
• Assist in Compliance of Company Policies and FederalProvincial Regulations regarding drivers. (Up to written warnings).
• Replace Driver Supervisor on Health & Safety Committee when necessary.
• All other duties as required
• Minimum (3) three years of experience as a driver (local or long distance) and an additional (1) one year of experience in a supervisor position or similar duties.
• Candidate will have a valid AZ license and a general understanding of transportation laws both in Canada and USA.
• Strong geographical knowledge of Montreal and surroundings.
• Excellent people skills while dealing with drivers on a regular basis.
• Ensure smooth flow of communication, directions and paper flow.
• Good keyboard skills, accuracy, knowledge of shipping documents, organizational skills.
• Computer literate (AS400, Microsoft Office, Truckmate).
• Resourceful and capable of multi-tasking.
• Bilingual (written, spoken).