Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist
Experience recruiting Class 1 Drivers required
Our client is one of Canada’s 50 best managed companies specialized in the transportation industry with a presence across Canada, the United-States and internationally! This is an opportunity to join a reputable company and a talent tea of talent acquisition specialists recruiting drivers across Canada.
Being a part of our client’s talent acquisition team is being part of a winning team, the company culture is very focused on team effort, support and encouragement.
If you’re looking to work for a dynamic, fast-paced, progressive organization then come join them!
Seeking a bilingual Driver Recruiter to work out of the Dorval, Quebec Recruiting Department.
The Driver Recruiter role is responsible for the full cycle recruitment process including assessing, qualifying and onboarding qualified professional drivers to meet our customer’s needs. The successful candidate must have experience with recruitment of cross border Class 1 Drivers in the transportation industry.
Benefits and perks!
- A continuous learning environment that develops your individual career goals
- A continuous improvement environment where all ideas are explored
- Engaged coaches and mentors who will provide guidance but also allow autonomy
- Health, Dental, and Vision plan
- Office hours; Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (40 hours/week)
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Advertise open Class 1 Driver career opportunities online and through print media externally
- Conduct initial pre-screen interviews via email or telephone to ensure the candidate meets DOT requirements
- Review submitted driver application forms and required documentation for accuracy and file completion
- Schedule road evaluations with a Driver Trainer to evaluate driving capabilities
- Evaluate candidates during in-person interviews asking applicable situational and behaviour questions and documenting the candidate’s response
- Coordinate reference checks, pre-employment medical tests and criminal background checks
- Collaborate with the Safety Department to ensure all required new hire documentation is obtained
- Schedule and confirm qualified drivers for orientation and onboarding
- Provide employment contract and pay package information to new drivers
- Focus on retention of drivers through regular communication with new and current drivers to ensure overall job satisfaction and assist with resolving issues as required
- Attend job fairs, trade shows, and other recruiting networking events
- Perform other duties as required
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Sociology, Psychology, Human Resources or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience recruiting Class 1 Drivers in the transportation industry is required
- Knowledge of International, Federal and Provincial safety regulations in addition to best practices related to transportation and human resources is preferred
- Fluent in English and French is required, bilingual in another language is an asset
- Effective probing and interviewing skills, in person and over the telephone
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Creative and effective problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in communication styles to communicate and reach drivers (via email, fax, text, phone)
- Professional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative
- Ability to act with maturity and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to exercise tact and judgment in managing a diversity of internal and external contacts
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, creative, professional and a positive team member
- Willingness to travel locally and currently in possession of a valid driver’s license