Dock Supervisor | Night Shift | 70k to 75k | Montreal
Our client, a multi-national transportation company is looking for a Senior Dock Supervisor (Night) for a fantastic opportunity. If you have 3+ years of experience working as a Dock Supervisor or Dock Team Lead with within the transportation industry, this is where you want to be. If supporting a team of dock workers and managing an overnight shift is appealing to you, this opportunity work for a growing organization, this role is for you.
What our client offers for the Dock Supervisor in Montreal:
- 70k+ depending on experience plus annual bonus
- RRSP company match programs
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, eye, and dental)
- Work with a growing organization that offers huge growth opportunities
- Corporate discounts at partnered organizations (gyms, travel, clothing, equipment, etc.)
- Employee and family assistance program
Your tasks as the Dock Supervisor in Montreal:
- Supervise overall dock operations, including day to day processes and procedures, Drivers, and Dock Workers, to ensure safety and optimal dock performance.
- Monitor and evaluate efficient loading and unloading process of freight
- Escalates issues of individual poor performance, inappropriate behaviour, absenteeism, etc. to the Dock Manager.
- Communicate weekly/monthly performance stats to the team to help measure, develop and improve operational performance.
- Maintain policies and procedures and ensure compliance with federal and provincial transportation, safety, and employment legislation.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Conduct daily shift meetings
- Works with the team and others, internal and external to the terminal, to resolve roadblocks to achievement of daily operational objectives.
- Ensure the schedule for the terminal is followed.
- Work with the Dock Manager to track monthly performance stats for the dock.
The required qualifications of the Dock Supervisor in Montreal:
- Post secondary education, preferably in operations, logistics, or business
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of five years experience in the transportation industry
- Previous leadership experience and/or experience in the transportation industry are strong assets
- Strong leadership skills specifically the ability to motivate and drive engagement to achieve objectives, facilitate conflict resolution, and to provide training
- Advanced communication skills, particularly verbal
- Computer skills, including the use of MS Word, Excel & Outlook, and web-based programs as well as RF scanners. Experience using an ERP system.
- Strong interpersonal skills including customer focus
- Results driven
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong sense of safety; training and experience in similar safety sense environments a strong asset
- Knowledge of industry-related equipment, including forklifts, lift jacks, trailers, etc. a strong asset
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now, and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Send your CV right away to [email protected] or contact-me directly at 514-227-4640, ext.: 273.
Recruitment Consultant | Skilled Trades
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28977
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1