Are you an experienced Logistics coordinator/Dispatcher? If so, we would love to hear from you! Our client is a well established organization within the freight industry.
We are currently looking to hire a Logistics Coordinator/ Dispatcher to join our client’s dynamic team.
The Logistics Coordinators are responsible for the prompt dispatch of driver services to meet the customer’s needs. Responsible for ongoing monitor of the drivers and proactively addressing any scheduling issues that may arise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for assigning non and dedicated I.C.’s and drivers to rush delivery and pickup requests and working directly with both drivers and the customer to ensure timely freight movements of goods.
- Ensures start times and code of conduct are respect by I.C’s and drivers.
- Using the company’s TMS monitor the tracking of the driver and manage any unexpected events as they arise.
- Update TMS by creating, assigning and tendering of trips as well as adding comments to Reflect I.C.’s work flow.
- Responsible for keeping the customer informed as well as escalating any issues to the Dispatch Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Ability to manage any unplanned events or manage last minute requests from the customers, keeping all parties informed of any changes.
- Interacting with service vendors, when required, utilizing purchase order process.
- Monitoring phone lines and emails ensuring prompt respond to inbound e-mail requests and inquiries.
- Reviewing IC company App submissions, reviewing time sheets and or P.O.D’s.
- Assist with loading of trucks, as required.
- Complete additional tasks as required by next level manager
- Strong organization skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Transportation Management System (TMS) is key
- Certified on ride on Walkie and forklift
Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
Qualified candidates please email resume to Cheryl at [email protected] or contact Cheryl at (905) 361- 3987 ext. 115 for immediate consideration.