Interested in working for a global company that provides end-to-end supply chain management solutions for fast-food restaurants?
Are you looking for a dynamic company with a lot of innovation?
Our client has a strong global presence with more than 50 distribution centers. Currently, they are looking for a Director, Transport.
Main responsibilities :
– Investigate collisions and injuries, identify prevention opportunities and recommend measures to prevent future incidents.
– Investigate cases of non-compliance with company policies or expectations for drivers. Establish the facts with drivers and union representatives; determine guilt and discipline if necessary.
– Participate in the HSC (Health and Safety Committee) and work with members to recommend solutions to unresolved safety issues.
– Manage HOS compliance – work with the master planner to determine the feasibility of the route, analyze HOS violation reports, coach and discipline drivers as required.
– Understand and implement the DQMP process. Conduct internal audits to verify compliance. Contact point for external audits.
– Manage service entries in KMI.
– Improve and revise driver training programs, work with supervisors to coordinate training sessions, ensure completion and compliance of each training session.
– Work with the Director of Transportation in the development and implementation of service policies, standardize and document operational procedures.
– Be trained in the responsibilities of supervisors to foster teamwork, have a better understanding of the company’s challenges and requirements and, if necessary, provide occasional vacation coverage.
– Participate in budgeting, operational planning and purchasing decisions within the department.
– Establishes the financial objectives of the department / distribution centre that support the country’s financial objectives
Knows how their department contributes to the country’s overall financial success
– Uses financial information and knowledge in the analysis of options to ensure quality decision making
– Work closely with the Director of Transportation to develop operational assumptions for use in the annual departmental budgeting process.
– Through daily operational supervision, identify opportunities for financial efficiency and work with colleagues in departments to develop, innovate and implement ideas.
Leadership, morals, relations and communications:
– Act as a leader to achieve goals and objectives.
– Demonstrate teamwork and maintain a positive attitude.
– Develop and maintain effective working relationships throughout the company.
– Ensure a high level of interactivity to maximize cooperation between all departments.
– Communicate goals, objectives, strategies, results and plans.
– Participate in training, inspection, investigation and continuous improvement programs.
– Foster an environment of positive working relationships and employee involvement.
– Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the union and its representatives
– University degree / college diploma in logistics or equivalent experience
– Minimum of five years of progressive experience in the transportation field, with an emphasis on strong leadership skills and building good relationships.
– Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to work with inter-functional teams
– Experience in a high-speed distribution environment would be an important asset
– Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
– Integrative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
To apply, send your resume to Tatiyana: firstname.lastname@example.org