Our client is currently recruiting for a Director of Information Systems. Our client has goals to be a cutting-edge company that leads development in product systems for the North American Office, Shops, Healthcare, Hospitality, Institutional and building mounted outdoor market segments. To lead in the future our client must develop an Information systems effort based on a strong vision for an industry leading responsive profile. The Senior Director IS will work closely with the IT infrastructure and support team.
They are in the process of introducing significant systems changes and upgrades including the launch of an Advance Planning scheduling system, a new database architecture for configuration of its design to order products, a new website architecture and a new shop floor data gathering system so this is an exciting opportunity to mold the information systems.
The Senior Director Information Systems has the role of researching new information systems strategies and theories in collaboration with strategic alliance software and network partners and then setting a direction based on voice of the customer .This role also includes the identification of new strategic alliance partners which bring new technology elements to our information systems.
- Coordinate with business partners and develop strategies to implement various information systems solutions effectively.
- Develop customized information systems project portfolios and ensure compliance to all business objectives.
- Administer effective delivery of all projects with appropriate budget and timeframe.
- Develop an annual information system plan according to business requirements.
- Centralize databases to support companywide velocity and synchronization.
- Evaluate current system and technology and recommend modification to present modules to ensure effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge on emerging trends and initiate appropriate decisions for various technology.
- Administer and develop growth strategies for company through various information technology plans.
- Design and execute various business plans and policies and ensure optimization of human resources.
- Analyze requirement for company and develop projects in coordination with software and equipment personnel.
- Monitor all upgradation process for company on software and hardware and ensure effective working of all associate activities.
- Provide technical support to all services of organization.
- Administer maintenance, licensing, and purchase of all information technology software systems.
- Manage the Programming and ERP Implementation teams ensuring all team members are working towards integrated solutions.
- Coordinate with IT professionals and develop coaching programs to ensure an effective working environment.
- Prepare business goals for both individuals and teams and ensure optimization of business.
- Monitor all functions of the Information Systems department and ensure compliance to work standards.
- Establish time schedule for company objectives and goals and ensure team goals are aligned.
- Administer work of all employees and ensure work according to schedule.
- Monitor everyday work of organization and provide technical support to all activities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with 15 or more years’ related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Key skills include information systems programming and database knowledge
- Expert knowledge of advanced planning and scheduling and supply chain systems
- Knowledge of ERP software solutions
- Understanding of best practices in information systems Management is a must
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and is fluent in both English and French
- Well organized, systematic and comprehensive approach
- Ability to focus on the details as well as seeing the big picture
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven
- Strong system understanding, and experience with SQL is a plus
- Fast learner and easily grasps new concepts