Director Electrical Engineering (buildings) – OTTAWA
MANDATORY REQUIEREMENT TO APPLY
- P.Eng is a MUST
- Minimum 12 years of building electrical engineering experience is a MUST
- Consulting background is a MUST
- Hybrid work policy
- Travels: very occasional (sites only)
- Very easy access to the office (near highway and public transit)
- Flexitime (telework, field and office work)
- Wellness program including unlimited telemedicine services
- Flexible group insurance coverage
- Joint participation to a simplified pension plan upon hiring
- Profit-sharing plan on a voluntary basis
- Training and skill development program
- Corporate discounts: gym membership, auto and home insurance, etc.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Director Electrical Engineering to support the Buildings Engineering group that is rapidly expanding in Ottawa and the surrounding region. You will be able to manage a team of engineers and technicians that work concurrently on electrical engineering design, inspection, and construction for multi-disciplinary projects related to offices, commercial, industrial, municipal, sports and recreation, and government facilities.
The company has a unique shareholding model that allows all employees to become shareholders, regardless of the role they play in the organization. Thus, the team is comprised of entrepreneurs who are committed to ensuring the organization’s success, and motivated to surpass themselves and offer the best solutions and services to the clients.
- Develop the technical expertise in the electrical engineering group required to service clients
- Analyze and resolve complex problems, determine the appropriate work methods and guidelines, and coordinate the execution of projects
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, industry contacts, and the other departments within company
- Supervise and manage all electrical team members, including engineers, technicians, and support staff
- Evaluate technical work, delegate responsibilities, and provide directives.
- Make recommendations with respect to employee selection, training, performance management and remuneration management
- Prepare responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Service Offerings to clients in conjunction with the proposals team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must be a registered and active Professional Engineer in Ontario (P. Eng.)
- Minimum 12 years of building electrical engineering experience
- Experience in managing a team of professional engineers is an asset
- Experience and knowledge of the consulting engineering market and clients in Ottawa and the surrounding area is an asset
- Bilingual in French and English will be considered an asset.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29519
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1