Our client is a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. Presently, they are searching a Digital Print Specialist to join their team.
· Ensure all orders are printed and assembled to the highest possible standards and shipped to meet our customer’s requirements
· Operating all cell equipment (i.e. Digital Printers, Laminator, UV coating, Slot/Corner round, Slicer, Titan Cutter, Triumph Cutter)
· Compose, manage & monitor image queue, size, crop, colour correct & retouch digital scanned images for print from the art department file (PCN) or art .pdf file (WePrint)
· Daily calibration of digital presses
· Notify customer service/sales PCN for any quality issues
· Assist in testing/qualifying new products
· Operate and maintain all of our production equipment to the highest standards
· Manage and maintain all of the raw materials required for printing, assembly and shipping of orders
· Ensure all pantones and images meet the work order expectations
· Ensure all art files and name lists are produced to meet company’s high quality standards
· Perform quality tests to ensure a quality product is produced.
· Inspect & ensure the finished product & packaging meets or exceeds the quality standards
· Assist and/or lead in the production function as required
· Assist in pick/pack/receiving/putaway in warehouses as required
· Assist in assembly function as required
· Provide support in project work, other special requests and duties as assigned
· Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
· Perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal incorporating 5S standards within the Operations and other areas as required
· 3+ years of work-related experience with digital printers, paper cutters, coaters & laminators.
· Digital printing experience in a short run environment using sheet-fed equipment
· Graphic design & Commercial printing experience preferred
· Advance knowledge of core design and production software programs including but not limited to:
o Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Fusion Pro, Fiery, Magento
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
· Must have a good understanding of colour matching and the ability to pass a colour test
· Ability to work flexible hours to support customers across Canada
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills for working with internal and external business and technical contacts.
· Strong organizational, problem solving, root cause analysis and attention to details skills
· Physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds
· Self-motivated, self directed, goal oriented, and well organized individual who is comfortable working independently and who can handle and drive multiple deadline projects simultaneously.
· Ability to build strong collaborative relationships & receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
· Ability to travel to the US/Mexico for training