Are you passionate about the digital entertainment industry? Are you an experienced DBA? If so, we want to meet you! We are currently searching for a Database Administrator to join our team of professionals.
- Maintain, upgrade, improve and design our NoSQL Databases. Currently being used is MongoDB and Couchbase, but the role also extends to Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Help client teams build their software for our data platforms – involvement from planning to production deployment of our applications.
- Standardize and automate Database provisioning and Schema Changes for Cloud environments
- Designing and implementing Data backup/recovery and archiving strategies
- Identify areas of opportunity and improve current operational processes
- Maintain security of our data
- Enhance data interactions by optimizing queries, creating indexes, and data structure.
- Create and keep up-to-date detailed Jira tickets associated with tasks & Projects.
- Ensuring the availability of development, test & prod environments; and subsequently automating & deploying solutions into these environments.
- Act as a critical support cast on all applications, infrastructure and post-prod activities
- Research solutions to complex problems and drive proof-of-concepts
- Essential – Tech savvy & passionate.
- Experience of administering Linux based systems
- Essential –Experience with Amazon AWS services (e.g. EC2, ASG, Cloudwatch, IAM, Cloudformation)
- Existing skills with one of more of the following tech: MongoDB and (Couchbase or Elasticsearch or Redis)
- Experience in Scripting/automation tooling (bash/python or Ansible)
- Preferred – D.E.C. or college degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent.
- Preferred – 3+ years of experience in software development and/or IT operations working with a high-load, Internet-facing service