Our client has followed an aggressive growth program to become one of the largest forwarders in Canada and recognized for their quality of service and dedication to building partnerships with our clients and suppliers. They are looking for dynamic, highly motivated team players who are dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must have experience in Ocean and Air freight..
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be required to provide customer service and sales support within the International Operations & Customer Departments. You will also be required to act as a liaison between internal staff members and outside customers, and manage the needs/services of special clients and resolve service- related problems.
• Provide excellence in customer service and a first place of contact for client inquiries, concerns and complaints. Specializing in key assigned/troubled accounts.
• Take the lead in handling of special projects/accounts as assigned, coordinate, and monitor movement of shipments from overseas offices and send pre-alert notices to customers for upcoming shipments.
• Ensure business relationships and services levels are maintained (customers and vendors). Respond to overseas enquiries, and trouble shoot.
• Complete accurate monthly reports as requested by management and customers and support the sales department in negotiating rates and quotes for services.
• Assist the division/department manager in the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies.
• Participate in meetings and overall objectives for the terminal.
• Ensure accurate filing system(s) are maintained, update/input details of shipments in system and ensure accuracy for billing.
• Participate in various customer service appreciation events (including meeting, luncheon, etc.) to assist in the retention of current customer base.
• Responsible for the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies.
• Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
• Report all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
• Provide back up support and training within department during busy periods, vacations, and unexpected employee absences.
Skills / Requirements
• Formal Academic Training in related field of study from two-year college or technical school; or 2 to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
We offer our full- time employees a comprehensive benefit program including coverage for extended health, dental, Life, AD&D and LTD insurance packages, as well as, company sponsored pension plans and Registered Retirement Savings program.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 21853
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1