Contract Manager – contract position
Location: Granby, QC
Sector: engineering / manufacturing / advanced materials / batteries for EV
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contract administration.
• Claim analysis and claim negotiation (for both active and passive claims).
• Claim management (to prepare claims and to defend claims).
• Support with arbitration documents.
• Official letters to the client and subcontractors for contract/legal implication related issues.
• Preparation of contractual documents at site (Contracts, Amendments, Letters, and etc.)
• Review and evaluation of subcontract bid packages.
• Close out of contracts including finalizing outstanding contract issues, invoices, and subcontractor performance evaluations.
• Prepare and coordinate change orders, and participate in negotiation with Client / Subcontractors.
• Planning, organizing and supervising the resources demanded in contracting.
• Collaboration with inhouse legal team and external legal counsels (if necessary) from time to time.
• 10+ years’ work experience in contract administration (construction preferred)
• 5 years in contract management (construction preferred)
• Experience in industrial building projects in Quebec.
• Good knowledge in Canadian/Quebec construction laws and practices.
• Good knowledge in CCDC contracts.
• Good sense in cost management.
• Good understanding of construction project and its associated cost/schedule/risk factors.
• Strong collaboration cooperation, engagement, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with leadership.
• Must be bilingual in English and French.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28930
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1