Our Client is currently searching for an experienced and creative leader to assume the role of Content Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of taking marketing campaigns from strategy to execution and has demonstrated that they are able to identify and deliver on opportunities to supply unique, disruptive, on-brand content across a broad spectrum of channels. Experience with consumer segmentation approaches and can deliver wide forms of content that can increase consumer acquisition while continuously earning the loyalty of our existing user base.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to collaborate seamlessly with other stakeholders; Demand Generation, Conversion Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing and Creative Services. Believes in coaching, developing and supporting their teams and are constantly striving for ways to improve personally.
- Work together with various internal stakeholders to produce both short and long-term content marketing strategies.
- Have the proven ability to manage multiple high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality in all deliverables.
- Commission, write and edit compelling content. Leveraging blog posts, articles and other materials that generate inbound interest and market recognition; Help guides, video scripts/content, white papers and blogs.
- Have editorial experience that includes basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Drive and work on the day to day direct management of the content marketing team.
- Reimagine content pieces in many ways (e.g. turn a white paper into a series of articles).
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative Services, Social Media and SEO to generate powerful brand promotions for use on customer facing web properties.
- Research and analyze trending content within and outside the industry as a basis for ongoing content production. Produce and explain performance regarding benchmarks, targets and overall business deliverables.
- Lead the coordination and implementation of specific on-site website initiatives while also continuously generating additional content to support those initiatives.
- Support short form content production across email production and social media.
- Be ruthlessly detail oriented! Ensuring editorial governance so our content has a consistent tone of voice, visual communication style, and brand adherence across all touchpoints –working continuously within existing and expanding brand guidelines.
- Have experience in building, working within, optimizing and updating an editorial calendar.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 6+ years as a content production expert operating within a medium to large scale Marketing organization.
- 4+ years’ experience managing, coaching, developing and supporting a content team.
- Strong track record of managing resources including budgets and personnel.
- Thorough understanding of what it means to produce “thought provoking” content and how to get the most eyes on that content.
- Experience producing content for the advertising industry (Agency or client side).
- Knowledge of online marketing tactics and search marketing fundamentals. Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated individual, comfortable with rapid changes.
- Passion for content marketing, social media marketing and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with emphasis on writing and editing.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time and proven time management skills.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Experience/knowledge with CMS systems such as WordPress and Drupal an asset.
- Online Gaming and/or general sports knowledge an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.