Our client, a multinational HR consulting firm is looking for a consultant in employee relations. Using extensive employee relations skills and experience, the Consultant, Employee Relations will help cultivate a positive work environment by providing expert consultation and guidance to managers and employees on diverse and complex employee relations matters. The Consultant, Employee Relations will also provide critical support to the Employee Relations team by participating in driving improvements to policies, processes and controls as required. He/she will have the unique opportunity to participate in the forming of a centralized ER function and will help establish the processes and tools the team will use.
- Provide expert consultation and guidance to managers and employees on diverse and complex employee related matters including; performance management, attendance issues, disability ER issues, corrective action, conflict resolution, policy interpretation, progressive discipline, workplace investigations of misconduct, policy violations and involuntary terminations.
- Facilitate resolution of employee related concerns in a manner that mitigates legal exposure and maintains a positive work environment that is fair, safe, engaging, delivers strong business results and meets established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Lead thorough and timely investigations in a manner that respects all concerned while balancing business needs and will communicate recommendations and outcomes as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary documentation and correspondence for all employee relations matters and correspondence with legal representatives.
- Manage ER data to identify measure and analyze trends; diagnose root causes and develop recommendations for proactive corrective strategies.
- Provides regular reports to HR Business Partners and business leaders on ER data.
- Act as a credible, trusted advisor to HR leaders and business leaders by leveraging his/her experience, expertise, organizational awareness, business acumen, pragmatic mindset, and ability to effectively partner with and influence others.
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with HR Business Partners. Share pertinent information on a timely basis, keep HR Business Partner teams abreast of trends in their client groups, and advise on proactive and preventative measures that would contribute to a positive work environment.
- Partner with HRBP teams to create and conduct training that helps build manager capability to prevent and resolve workplace issues
- Maintain strong relationships with legal and compliance, disability management, and IT and security, as many cases will require integration of efforts across one or more of these areas.
Succeeding as a Consultant, Employee Relations will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in HR, IR or other related field.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Employee Relations gained from dedicated ER role(s) or from HR consultant role(s) with a heavy ER component.
- Bilingual French/English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of applicable employment standards and human rights legislation, preferably in all jurisdictions in which our client operates, and their application in a business operation.
- Skilled in dealing with workplace behavior issues and practices.
- Highly developed problem solving, investigative and analytical skills, resulting in strong ability to identify issues, write reports and make recommendations.
- Ability to provide informal coaching to individuals at all levels and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes.
- Action oriented individual, who demonstrates high accountability, sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- A proactive approach to customer service and strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues in a confidential manner.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in core competencies including listening, analyzing, influencing, decision making, negotiation, and adaptability.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be an asset.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org