Our client is a reputable, stable organization in the GTA within the transportation industry. They are currently expanding and looking to fill an Emergency Service Dispatcher position. The successful candidate is responsible for using radio/computer based systems to dispatch and respond to emergency situations, record highway incidents’ and refer incidents’ to appropriate persons /agencies. One must prepare traffic and road weather reports, deal with customer inquiries and perform daily reviews and assessments of the prior shifts’ activities including incidents and reports.
- Incident Management System (IMS); Log and record all communications into IMS, document emergency and non-emergency incident’s in the Incident Form.
- Document all maintenance, construction, and tolling activities in the Maintenance Form
- Receive and make calls via the radio and phone in regards to situations, incidents’ and inquiries on the highway.
- Monitor winter weather systems and document winter conditions and activities; Road Weather Information Systems, Environment Canada and USA weather forecasts via the internet.
- Dispatch winter maintenance equipment, prepare and summarize highway road condition reports
- Monitor CCTV Cameras; Monitor and maintain CCTV camera for collisions, debris, weather systems, construction zones.
- Notify proper agencies for any irregularities on highway and dispatch patrollers.
- Business or vocational knowledge learned through Community College – 1 Year Program
- Related post-secondary education / training a definite asset
- Minimum 2 years experience dealing in a customer service environment
- Good computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, IMS, RWIS, Weather Radar, Access and 2 way radio dispatch equipment
- Hands on experience with radio dispatch equipment
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills
- Team player capable of working independently
Qualified candidates please contact Sarika at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 115