Our client is a reputable, stable organization in the GTA within the transportation industry. They are currently expanding and looking to fill an Emergency Service Dispatcher position. The successful candidate is responsible for using radio/computer based systems to dispatch and respond to emergency situations, record highway incidents’ and refer incidents’ to appropriate persons /agencies. One must prepare traffic and road weather reports, deal with customer inquiries and perform daily reviews and assessments of the prior shifts’ activities including incidents and reports. The applicant must coordinate planned closure/open notification placements on MTO Traffic Road Information Systems (TRIS).
- Incident Management System (IMS); Log and record all communications into IMS, document emergency and non-emergency incident’s in the Incident Form.
- Document all maintenance, construction, and tolling activities in the Maintenance Form
- Receive and make calls via the radio and phone in regards to situations, incidents’ and inquiries.
- Monitor winter weather systems and document winter conditions and activities; Road Weather Information Systems, Environment Canada and USA weather forecasts via the internet.
- Dispatch winter maintenance equipment, prepare and summarize highway road condition reports
- Monitor CCTV Cameras; Monitor and maintain CCTV camera for collisions, debris, weather systems, construction zones.
- Notify proper agencies for any irregularities on highway and dispatch patrollers.
- Business or vocational knowledge learned through Community College – 1 Year Program
- Related post-secondary education / training a definite asset
- Minimum 2 years experience dealing in a customer service environment
- Good computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, IMS, RWIS, Weather Radar, Access and 2 way radio dispatch equipment
- Hands on experience with radio dispatch equipment
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills
- Team player capable of working independently
Qualified candidates please contact Sarika at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 115 for immediate consideration.