To contribute to the successful operations & maintenance of the rental properties in our real estate portfolio. The Commercial Property Manager requires excellent knowledge of basic construction/renovation/maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, HVAC, boilers, chillers, swimming pool, sprinklers etc.…) as well as emergency procedures (fire, flood, etc…)
As the primary Emergency Contact your position requires that you are available 24/7 to be able to respond to the arising situations.
Schedule : Monday to Friday – 08h30 AM to 05h00 PM, but has to be flexible in case of emergencies ;
Salary : 50-55K
- Coordinate, supervise & follow-up on the daily maintenance and operations of buildings and tasks executed by maintenance team and sub trades;
- Daily, manage tenants’ service requests, elaborate strategies to better respond to their needs while focusing on great customer service;
- Implementation /Coordination/Follow-up of service work order system – ensure all repairs are prioritized and done timely manner;
- Inspect properties, facilities, systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning and schedule maintenance when required; Coordinates work required with Building Maintenance Staff and/or subtrades & follow-up to make sure work is completed;
- Evaluate actual and future needs of all buildings assigned and report to owners especially condition of elevator, roof, ventilation systems and fire alarm.
- Maintain regular and timely documentation of maintenance activities – preparation & follow-up of Agenda of Work for each assigned building;
- Make recommendations, tender (get quotes) and /or negotiate service contracts as needed (monthly, seasonal, yearly) for all the buildings in portfolio to ensure economy of scale;
- Prepare PO’s for quotes, submit for approval and then issue PO to sub-trades once approved.
- Assist in the preparation of Yearly Budgets for the various buildings.
- Continuous evaluation and comparison of Budget against Actuals and explanation of variances.
- Respect and enforce the building regulations by giving verbal and written notices when necessary. Report all infractions to head office.
- Programming of all access cards / remotes/ etc. as needed;
- Supervise / coordinate/follow-up on leasehold improvements/ tenant improvements
- Make sure the buildings are in compliance with laws and rules (including health and safety, environment, etc.);
- Communication and resolution of all infraction issued by the Municipality & follow-up with City inspectors;
- Formulate building safety and security manuals as needed
- Any other tasks related
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Property Manager in commercial real estate environment
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Must be able to read and understand commercial leases
- Good financial background (ability to create various budgets)
- Excellent knowledge of construction and real-estate
- Superior organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good computer knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook, Yardi (Genesis/Voyageur) an asset
- Strong communication skills – able to manage client relationships
Send you resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org