Business Development Manager – Retail Marketing/Planning
Our Mississauga client, one of the largest and most reputable retail fixture manufacturers in Canada, is looking to hire a self-starting Business Development Manager to develop and maintain a robust business territory in the Canadian/U.S. marketplace. This is a position for a "closer" with a good understanding of marketing and strategic planning, and a vision for merchandising and presentation.
- Prospect opportunities with new/existing markets and businesses
- Identify and qualify leads
- Establish, build and maintain strong client relationships with key decision makers
- Schedule and conduct client meetings with prospective accounts
- Design and deliver sales presentations
- Manage the sales process from discovery to closing
- Clearly communicate with internal support team the needs of the customer to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction
- Support account management team after transition to internal project management team
- Complete account sales forecasts
- Maintain relevant product education, new product information and industry-related news
- Minimum 5 years proven senior sales experience in an outside sales/business development role
- Retail display/store fixture industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation, creative writing and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Maintain a professional and polished appearance
- Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S.
This enticing opportunity to grow with an excellent company comes with a very lucrative compensation structure including a base salary and sales commission, along with full benefits, car/travel allowances and a business laptop/cellphone.