Are you ready to become a pivotal part of a leading-edge organization in your next career move? Our client is actively seeking a Building Science & Restoration Engineer to join their dynamic team in Edmonton. If you’re enthusiastic about taking on fresh challenges in the field of engineering, we’re eager to learn more about you!
What are the perks:
- RRSP matching!
- Great benefit package!
- Great work-life balance!
The Building Science & Restoration Engineer will be responsible for:
- Conduct on-site investigations and fieldwork integral to the evaluation and restoration of existing structures.
- Develop comprehensive building science and structural rehabilitation programs, encompassing innovative strategies to address complex challenges.
- Create meticulous condition assessment reports, accompanied by well-articulated written recommendations, ensuring clarity in communication.
- Operate seamlessly in both office and construction site settings, transitioning with proficiency between these environments.
- Collaborate closely with the project team, working under the guidance of a Project Engineer, from the project’s conceptual and preliminary design stages through to its successful conclusion.
- Engage in structural design and analysis, identifying effective repair alternatives to enhance structural integrity.
- Foster synergy through coordination with various engineering and architectural disciplines, facilitating holistic project solutions.
- Administer contracts and oversee construction, ensuring the impeccable execution of restoration work, and addressing any challenges that arise.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, serving as a dedicated liaison to address their needs and provide project updates.
The required qualifications for the Building Science & Restoration Engineer are:
- 3-5 years of experience in structural engineering or construction, showcasing a strong grasp of structural restoration and building science principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize in three dimensions, a crucial skill for creating innovative and effective design solutions.
- Exhibit an aptitude for working with existing facilities and a comfort level with working at heights, essential for addressing the unique challenges of structural engineering projects.
- Hold a Professional Engineer designation with APEGA or be eligible. Alternatively, candidates eligible with ASET will also be considered.
- Display a willingness to work overtime during unconventional hours, when necessary to meet site requirements, highlighting your commitment to project success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, with a notable preference for candidates who have completed coursework in Building Science. Alternatively, a diploma in civil, structural or architectural technology will also be considered.
If you’re seeking a fresh challenge, professional development, and share a strong passion for engineering, don’t hesitate to contact us today! We’re excited to connect you with your future team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33751
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1