Great opportunity, Apply Now!
We are looking for a responsible and dedicated Building Operator for one of our clients in Etobicoke, Ont. This is a Permanent position for the right candidate. If you have some building operations and maintenance experience, have your 4th class stationary engineer certificate, or Refrigeration B operator certificate and are looking for a LONG-TERM position, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- Shifts: Days/Evening/Weekends, and Statutory Holidays; 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Shifts are not rotational.
- Salary: $66,560/year
- Benefits, vacation, and Pension matching program will be offered
- Bus accessible
- Power tools
- Safety Boot up to $125 and $200 annual tool allowance for hand tools
- Company cell phone
- Work uniform
- Work with great leadership that will support your growth within the company
- Respond to on demand service requests as required while ensuring completed work meets quality and response requirements.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance according to computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to ensure uninterrupted operations and asset integrity is maintained.
- Receive, track, monitor and report status of maintenance and repair work
- Attend and analyses breakdowns. Make necessary repairs, or advise management of breakdown and type of contractor required.
- Assist contractors with access/setup
- Works with Building Automation System as required and adjusts set points and schedules. Utilizes BAS for troubleshooting and problem-solving equipment troubles
- Performs daily inspections and update log sheets of all pertinent mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs periodic testing and inspection of fire pump and generator.
- Performs daily blowdowns and water test on low pressure steam boiler. Maintain salt levels for water softeners.
- Attends emergencies such as floods, loss of power and fire alarms.
- Maintain inventories of spare parts.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4th class stationary engineer certificate, or Refrigeration B operator certificate
- Experience in retail or commercial building operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of building operations systems including building automation, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, Fire Alarm and Life Safety.
- Knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety regulations and procedures, including national and industry codes such as WHMIS.
- Adept at working independently while being a strong team player.
- Service oriented with the ability to problem solve and offer solutions.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with tenants, external contractors, internal teams, and others.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail and time management skills to coordinate multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and experience with Building Management systems
- You are willing to learn and take on new challenges.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated employee with EXCELLENT attendance looking for a new opportunity in a manufacturing environment in Etobicoke, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team. Contact Sukhbir at [email protected] Or Call (905)361-3987 ext 169
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30231
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1