Are you passionate about the extrusion and blow molding industry? Do you have experience working with blow molding machines? If so, we would like to meet you! We are currently searching for a blow molding technician to be part of our clients’ team of professionals.
Your tasks as a blow molding technician:
- Set-up and troubleshoot blow molding machines
- Focus on improving overall quality, cycle times, machine performance
- Focus on reducing down-time and scrap reduction
- Ensure all quality control procedures are being followed to maintain a stable process and product quality goals
- Troubleshooting capability for machine, auxiliary equipment (leak testers, flamers, sleeving machine, etc.) and quality related problems working towards a root cause and permanent corrective action
- Minor repairs to blow molding and auxiliary equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Work well with people in achieving shift and company goals
- Assist with various projects
- Accurate documentation of daily production paperwork at the end of each shift
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Follow Company safety rules as per Supervisor’s instructions including wearing personal protective equipment 100% of the time and ensuring that all safety procedures are followed
- All other duties as assigned, including learning of other job requirements and assisting as required
The required qualifications for the blow molding technician position:
- Must have knowledge of use and safety of blow molding and auxiliary equipment.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of extrusion blow molding operating and processing experience.
- Must have experience with single and dual heads and some shuttle experience.
- Must have hands-on experience performing mould changes, set-up and troubleshooting.
- Portray a good understanding of Vacuum systems and ability to set-up material blender units.
- Preferably have GMP, 5S and some supervisory experience.
- Having a Millwright license is a strong asset.
- Must have physical strength and stamina.
- Problem Solving in Production & Continuous Improvement.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Flexible and self-motivated with strong organizational, detail-oriented & multitasking.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously, as required.
- Coachable; Professional; Flexible schedule; Approachable; Quick learner; and Self-motivated.
- Good working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Must have good skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, & Excel).
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- Must demonstrate good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Send resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration. Contact Nicole at (905) 361 – 3987 ext. 124