Immediately hiring for a Band Saw Operator with meat cutting experience to join a very successful and growing food manufacturing company in the Etobicoke area. As an Band Saw Operator in Etobicoke, you will be responsible for the following duties…
- Maintain high production numbers to meet customer orders
- Produce product with an emphasis on quality and accurate customer specifications
- Operate complex machinery safely
- Follow running instructions
- Ensure general housekeeping around the assigned area or request assistance as needed
- Provide feedback and maintenance requests to improve machine performance
- Complete all assigned Quality checks
- Participate in training and cross training, improvement initiatives including health and safety and quality improvement
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, compliances and regulations
- Use all required safety equipment, e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses / goggles, etc.
What is in it for you?
· Competitive Salary and Benefits (Full, Life insurance and RRSP contributions)
·Join an industry leader.
· Excellent work culture
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience as a meat cutter on Band Saw or Blade Stop machinery preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), preferably in a food manufacturing facility
- Previous experience cutting meat on a commercial band saw
- Highly punctual
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Work is performed in a combination of environments, including meat production room in temperatures of -1 to +4 degrees Celsius
- Safety equipment is required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 22256
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1