Our client, one of the top 3 roofing & building supply companies in North America and currently operates 20 branches across Canada, are currently seeking an experienced AZ Driver candidate for their location in Cambridge!
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.This position offers competitive wages, health, dental, life insurance and RRSP collective plan.
Your tasks as an AZ driver:
- Operate and drive straight flat bed or articulated trucks to transport materials (tractor with flat bed trailer)
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office
- Strapping, loading and unloading of materials
- Ensuring safety and security
- Use GPS, atlases and other trip planning
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes and other equipment. (pre trip inspection)
The required qualifications for the AZ driver position:
- Driver’s licence (Class A) with air brake (Z) endorsement
- Forklift Operator certification will be an asset
- The candidate must be able to drive a stick shift truck and to pass a drugs test / medical exam
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos of the organization
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!