Associate Vice President, Land Development – Toronto
As an employee-owned company, this company fosters a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead the Land Development team, in the role of an Associate Vice President. A successful candidate should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with Principals, Managers, and team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In addition to the leadership abilities, a successful candidate should maintain existing and continue to build a network of clients and would lead and participate in business development initiatives planning, implementation and tracking, for the Urban Development group.
Based out of the Toronto office the successful candidate would be reporting directly to Chief Operating Officer and to President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Build, manage and lead the Land Development discipline, developing, tracking, and implementing an annual business plan and multi-year strategy for growth.
- Ensures that decisions such as staffing, projects delivery, and business development are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Lead and participate in Business Development initiatives and operational growth for Land Development with a focus on the GTA and areas where offices are located as well as other locations.
- Liaise with existing and develop future clients, support major pursuits and proposals, and monitor budgets and schedules.
- Manage tasks, team, schedules, budgets, cost control processes and project work procedures. Identify and manage project issues and risks and, if needed, enhance resolution or actions; collaborate with other offices and managers across Canada.
- Technically support the design team and oversee projects / project performance.
- Prepare and/or review planning reports, design reports, technical specifications, and proposals.
- Provide input to the development of engineering budgets and schedules to meet requirements.
- Ensure projects meet the professional needs of company and Quality standards and participate in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Supervise and mentor engineers, designers, and technologists.
- Actively grow the group, recognize and mentor leaders and implement succession planning
- Liaise with client, suppliers, regulatory agencies, utility companies and contractors; represent company in professional associations and agencies.
- Administrative duties as allocated including financial and staff management, staff development and mentoring.
- Other related duties as assigned/required and appropriate to this position.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario.
- 20 years progressive industry experience in a similar role for Engineering Consulting firm.
- Strong organization leadership skills.
- Practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experienced in the review of complex construction staging and sequencing, including temporary works and commissioning.
- Experienced in meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written English communication skills.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Knowledge about the industry trends and best practices.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29652
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1