Our client, a leader in retail construction, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support the project manager with the coordination and execution of projects in their entirety.
The Assistant Project Manager will act as a key supporting role to the retail project manager and site supervisor and will ensure project progress without any interruption.
- Follow bid invitations
- Open projects
- Obtain contractor city permits, WCB permits, and conformity letters
- Obtain Contractor Voluntary Registrations
- Acquire construction documents from professionals
- Prepare and send purchase orders to sub-contractors and suppliers
- Acquire shop drawings from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Prepare documents for “site-binder” and update regularly with site supervisor
- Represent project manager at various meetings
- Assist project manager in various tasks as necessary
- Site inspections (as required)
- Prepare sketches or drawings to clarify details or site conditions
- Acquire and prepare closing documents
- Help prepare post-mortem for projects and close file
- Prepare and gather as built drawings
- 1-5 years of experience in a similar position within the construction industry
- Technical DEC or Bachelor in a related
- Comfortable with reading plans and specification
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at a time
- Autonomous and able to work in a team environment
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected] or contact Lauren directly at 514.227.4640 x 249.