Our client is a leader in the Real Estate Development space looking to grow out their accounting function. They are looking for an up and coming leader who can hit the ground running and work in tandem with the Senior leadership to help with management and accounting throughout several projects.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial results, reporting packages and financial statements in accordance with IFRS for various reporting issuers;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors;
- Prepare analysis of financial and non-financial information;
- Special projects as assigned.
- Communicate and engage with investment partners on accounting inquires and statements
- Provide financial analysis of projects
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly reports on projects to be distributed to investors, partners and lenders
- Accounting operations, monthly close activities, and related analysis;
- Technical accounting research and analysis;
- Support of the company-wide internal controls program, including participation in the drafting, review and testing of current processes and control;
- Support of the relationship with the company’s external auditors and the statutory reporting processes for the company’s global operations.
- Monitor budgets and project performance, providing monthly budget forecasts
- Assist with accounts payable and approval of related construction invoicing
- University degree in Accounting
- CPA/CA/CMA/CGA Designation.
- 10+ years experience in real estate development accounting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Preparation/review of financial statements, cash management, budgets, audit working papers and Tenant operating cost adjustments
- Exposure to inter-departmental relationships within a large organization
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and MS Word
- Exposure to Yardi Voyageur, or Jonas is considered an asset