Area Leader for Quebec and Atlantic Region
We are currently seeking an Area Leader for Quebec and Atlantic Region for this Global Consulting organization.
The Area Leader will manage Canada’s Site Evaluation and Restoration operational team within our global Resilience business line. The position is based in Longueuil (Montreal South Shore), Quebec. Candidates must be fully bilingual (French and English), able to speak, understand, read and write in both languages.
The Area Leader position is a key leadership role in business operations and will initially lead Resilience Business Line staff, with a view to creating organic growth, within the Quebec and Atlantic Canada region. As an Area Leader, you will approach this role with a high level of ownership and commitment to the team and the organization.
The position requires coordination and collaboration with all parts of the organization, including Client Account Leaders, Market Sector Leaders, Service Line Leaders, corporate services, and Area Leaders in other geographies and service areas and business units.
In addition to management responsibilities, The Quebec/Atlantic Region Area Leader will have project/client facing duties and/or technical service offering(s). The selected candidate will be a proven and inspiring leader who embraces and promotes the company’s vision and values: people first, integrity, client success, collaboration, and sustainability.
The successful candidate will have:
- A track record of building functional and successful teams within a consulting organization
- The ability to connect with people at all levels of the organization
- A proactive communication style with oral and written communication skills in both French and English that demonstrate the ability to think analytically and to deliver a clear, persuasive message
- The ability to handle sensitive personnel issues
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to connect with, manage, mentor, inspire and lead the team and understand the skill set of a diverse team of people
- An understanding of the company’s capabilities, strategy, and priorities
- Hands-on experience with client account teams and technical service offerings
- The ability to support and implement company priorities such as Global Excellence Centres (GECs) usage, project management excellence, digital offerings and sustainability.
The primary responsibilities of the Area Leader will be to:
- Oversee and participate in people management within the Quebec and Atlantic Region Service Area, including hiring, onboarding, performance management and terminations.
- Drive market presence by working in collaboration with Service Line Leaders, Market Sector Leaders and Client Account Leaders to position strategically and focus on key growth areas.
- Make compensation recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team on staff promotions, quarterly market adjustments, merit increases, and bonuses.
- Provide recommendations for leadership opportunities, staff development opportunities, and award programs to the Canada Senior Leadership Team and People Management Team as appropriate.
- Look for innovative ways to provide alternate delivery by understanding emerging digital trends and work closely with Account Leads and Project Managers to increase engagement with Global Excellence Centres (GECs).
- Review the company performance of Certified Project Managers (CPMs) that are within the Region and work with the Project Management Office (PMO) to evaluate that CPMs are qualified, up to date on required trainings, and performing consistent with their role and category.
- Review weekly finance reports, Accounts Receivable, and Unbilled Reports and work with finance managers and CPMs within the Region.
- Conduct monthly project reviews on high-risk, high-value projects with CPMs within the Region using the project and finance tools. Based on the outcome of the project reviews, develop action plans as necessary to resolve any issues that are identified.
- Work with other Area Leaders on workload leveling across Canada, including identifying staff for project opportunities and the need for external hiring.
- Be a visible steward of Health & Safety (H&S) by completing required stewardship goals and being a strong mentor and example for H&S.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10 years of experience in an engineering consultancy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant, technical field
- Bilingual French and English with ability to speak, understand, read and write in both languages.
- Team management experience
- Large scale Project Management and/or Account Leader experience
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32602
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1