Our client has followed an aggressive growth program to become one of the largest forwarders in Canada and recognized for their quality of service and dedication to building partnerships with our clients and suppliers. They are looking for dynamic, highly motivated team players who are dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities.
Assist Corporate Account Manager for Agricultural Products in Canada. Provide customer service and sales support for Agri Clients. Act as a liaison between internal staff members across Canada and outside customers.
• Provide excellence in customer service and a first place of contact for client inquiries, concerns and complaints. Special attention to key assigned accounts.
• Assist Corporate Account Manager with Customer and Carrier relations.
• Complete accurate monthly reports as requested by management and customers.
• Tracking and tracing of shipments
• Work with Steamship lines to negotiate contract rates for services.
• Learn and maintain rate systems.
• Quote Customers.
• Coordinate shipments and send pre-alert notices to customers and related departments as required.
• Work to find and implement solutions for customers.
• Assist the division/department manager in the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies.
• Participate in meetings and overall objectives for the terminal.
• Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
• Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
• Receive guidance with respect to general objectives in most tasks and projects assigned. Determined methods, work sequence, scheduling, and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operate within specific policy guidelines.
• Provide back up support within department during busy periods, vacations, and unexpected employee absences.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
• Perform all other job- related duties as required by management.
Skills / Requirements
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
We offer our full- time employees a comprehensive benefit program including coverage for extended health, dental, Life, AD&D and LTD insurance packages, as well as, company sponsored pension plans and Registered Retirement Savings program.