Our client was established in 1999 and has become a leader in Supply Chain Solutions in the automotive sector, they are Canada’s largest private transportation companies and are an asset and carrier partner company. They excel in providing companies with comprehensive logistics solutions across North America.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
- Trains and oversees employees involved in payable functions.
- Directs/ assigned tasks and provide assistance as needed.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Verifies payments before management signature is added by reviewing checks.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
- Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and journals.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor and contractor invoices.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures HST numbers have been collected from all vendors for the preparation and submission of T4a’s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software (Quickbooks) and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions.
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with 2 years of experience in an accounting office; OR three or four years of accounting experience with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 25041
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1