Calling all 2nd Class Power Engineers with operating & maintenance experience!! We are conducting immediate interviews for February and March start dates with our industry-leading client in beautiful Vancouver, BC. These are permanent, full time opportunities offering a highly competitive base wage over $50/hr, amazing benefits and pension, and many unique perks for qualified individuals. If you are a certified as a 2nd Class Power Engineer with strong boiler & steam exposure within a production environment, we want to hear from you today!!
What are the perks?
- Large, industry-leading organization with deep roots in Canada and more than 100 years of successful operations
- Highly competitive wages, outstanding benefits and pension, annual increases, ongoing opportunities for growth
- The opportunity to work alongside a talented maintenance and operations team with great management and a positive work environment
What are the responsibilities?
- Monitoring processes and equipment
- Effectively responding to emergencies, ensuring established procedures are followed in adherence with safety regulations
- Performing routine operating tasks (i.e. monitoring levels, temperatures, pressures, etc.)
- Monitoring operating area for abnormal conditions
- Basic troubleshooting of equipment, preparing equipment for maintenance
- Performing proper sampling as required
- Creating notifications to initiate equipment/unit repairs
- Performing housekeeping duties and operational maintenance alongside skilled trades/maintenance and operations team members
What are the requirements?
- Second Class Steam Ticket (BC) or better. May consider individuals with Third Class who have successfully completed at least 3 2nd class exams and can be licensed 2nd class within 6 months of employment.
- 5+ years as a boiler/turbine operator and at least 7 years of experience in a steam plant
- Must be highly competent and present strong technical knowledge of operation of steam plants, water treatment equipment, and boiler/turbine operations
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and technical skills to allow effective hands-on operation of plant equipment (i.e. control systems, turbo generators, pumps, compressors, heaters, etc.) and perform troubleshooting and Preventative Maintenance
- Experience with Bailey Infinity/Delta V control system or another operating control system desirable
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work continental shifts, or days as required to best support operations and production
These opportunities won’t last long – if you are a 2nd Class Power Engineer looking to kickstart your next chapter, look no further and apply now, we can’t wait to meet you!
To apply, please send your resume directly to Nhung Nguyen at [email protected]
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34865
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1