Our client is currently looking for an Operations Supervisor to join their Surrey, BC team. The
Supervisor provides “hands-on” proactive management of the employees and Owner Operators engaged in the daily handling of packages and freight within prescribed policies and time frames. This Supervisor role currently manages Owner Operator, hourly warehouse/customer service staff as well as third party pick-up & delivery routes on a daily basis.
Permanent Position, Surrey, BC
- Establish and implement strategies to achieve operational goals in terms of productivity, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure timely and accurate distribution of inbound and outgoing freight according to established standards.
- Maintain adequate staff resources, materials, and supplies at all times.
- Ensure all equipment is in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Develop and maintain a proactive safety program to comply with legislative requirements and agreements.
- Investigate and address employee concerns, liaising with relevant managers for final responses.
- Track and adjust operations to meet delivery and pick-up standards by conducting audits and measuring key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Handle customer complaints professionally and promptly.
- Meet daily targets for productivity and service levels.
- Ensure staff adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Perform any other assigned duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in warehouse and/or delivery operations, preferably in the courier or related industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work with schedules, meet deadlines, and problem-solve effectively.
- Proven skill in managing employees, providing training, and implementing processes and policies to achieve goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes hectic work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets)
- Demonstrated drive, initiative, and flexibility to ensure successful task completion.
- Effective time management and ability to handle multiple activities, deadlines, and reports.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32475
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1