VP of Finance – Montreal Office
Fuze Logistics Services is a next generation 3PL headquartered in Montreal, with offices across North America leveraging cutting-edge technologies and decades of industry expertise to facilitate the transport of freight globally.
Following our tremendous growth over the past year, we are seeking a strategic and results-driven VP of Finance to join our thriving and high-growth organization.
The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience and expertise in performing financial planning, optimizing financial processes, and preparing budgets and reports.
Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $80 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA required.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software, such as Crystal Reports, Sage 300, Trimble and QuickBooks.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a service (not manufacturing) business with activity-based project costing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 24310
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1