Terrestrial Ecologist – Environmental, London
We are currently seeking a Terrestrial Ecologist to join the growing Ecology team, operating within the company’s Environmental Division in London, Ontario. The team is involved in a broad range of projects across multiple sectors, providing natural heritage feature inventory and assessment, Species at Risk permitting and agency liaison, ecological restoration, and landscape management services to clients. The position provides flexibility with respect to work location within company’s core geographies of southwestern Ontario (London, Kitchener or Burlington offices). Offering a flexible or blended work model for employees, including hybrid work from home options.
- Technical review and/or reporting on a variety of topics pertaining to the natural environment and potential impacts of development for submission to regulatory agencies, including applying existing policy and criteria, obtaining permits and authorizations, and making recommendations for best practices, mitigation measures, and compensation strategies
- Procurement of work through preparation of proposals and participation in business development activities
- Perform project management and coordination duties to deliver projects on time and within budget, in accordance with the client needs and company quality standards
- Coordinate field work and data analysis in support of baseline studies, environmental impact studies, Species at Risk permitting and mitigation plans, natural environment monitoring and related scopes of work
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and other consultants
- Other related duties, as assigned
- University degree in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, or related discipline is preferred although consideration will be given to strong candidates possessing a related technical diploma and suitable work experience;
- Minimum 8 years of professional consulting experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the terrestrial discipline (vegetation, wetlands, wildlife, SAR, and ecological enhancement/restoration) with experience in Southern Ontario using associated methods, such as standardized wildlife or vegetation field surveys, fish sampling, as well as knowledge and experience in taxonomic identification;
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of project management and delivery, with a Project Management Professional designation considered an asset;
- A proven record of effective technical report writing and ability to provide senior editorial and technical review;
- Demonstrated strengths in developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal, provincial, and federal policies and legislation of Southern Ontario relating to the natural environment, land development and planning, with proven ability to determine policy conformity for specific development proposals and obtain related permits/approvals;
- Experience in carrying out natural heritage impact assessment studies and developing mitigation, monitoring and compensation plans that meet regulatory and client requirements;
- Related experience as a qualified expert witness is considered an asset; and
- Experience mentoring and providing technical training to Ecology staff.
Comprehensive benefit package including the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Shared Ownership in Our Employee-Owned Company
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Technical Development and Career Opportunities
- Social and Supportive Culture; and much more!
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32581
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1