Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales and Marketing, this role will be responsible for technical sales within our filtration and maintenance division. This role will have a thorough knowledge of the Environmental Services products and services, so the incumbent can develop and hunt for new business. This role will be responsible for technically selling through a consultative approach, while providing technical solutions to the customer. The remaining points are inserted under the duties and responsibilities section.
- Completion of a University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a technical field of study.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical sales role, preferably filtration.
- 5+ years’ experience creating and managing marketing strategies.
- Intermediate systems knowledge; Microsoft Office, CRM, and ERP systems.
- Strong hands-on technical ability.
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills in order to resolve conflicts and problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to maintain an excellent rapport with co-workers.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to think on your feet, assessing and planning and troubleshooting strategies.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to motivate others by example and attitude
- Flexibility to travel 25% of the time both in and out of the country and must have a valid passport allowing international travel.
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License to operate own, company and/or rental vehicle.
- Responsible for the Environmental Services sales division, determines which market the new product would fit into, monitors division budget.
- Determines sales targets for the division to meet.
- Responsible for travelling to customer locations, understanding technical challenges, and providing applicable solutions.
- Responsible to know and understand all products availability, use, benefits, and pricing structure.
- Promote products and services by attending tradeshows and prospecting new customers.
- Prepare and deliver samples and/or quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise to turn the quote into a sale.
- Consult with customers and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the required applications.
- Assist in conducting market analysis and presenting findings to Director of Sales & Marketing to develop and enhance the product offerings.
- Partner with the marketing team to contribute information towards the marketing strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from the industry.
- Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing to meet and exceed sales targets for new business.
- Utilizing corporate resources and initiating the sales process build and nurture new accounts as well as prospect and build new relationships.
- Participation in new and changed product development, formulation and specification of these products and plant trials.
- Collaborating with the production floor for mechanical capabilities, mechanical design, etc.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31160
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1